Sunday, April 18, 2010

Diaper Bags

I was asked by my friend, Belinda to sew custom diaper bags for her sister in law who is expecting a baby girl. I'm not a sewer/quilter so I was REALLY nervous about taking on this project. Let's see how I did....
The first bag I made was a pink camo bag. I thought this turned out pretty cute! I even added little pockets on each end of the bag for a binky or cellphone, but they are camouflaged! LOL
While the camo bag was cute, this pink and brown diaper bag is ADORABLE. I'm having a really hard time coming to terms with giving it to Belinda on Tuesday. I love this bag! It is just the perfect size for all the little necessities for baby...
Here's the inside or it could be the outside--quilted rag bags are reversible! If you would prefer the 'clean look' to the ragged look just turn the bag inside out! :) Inside each of my rag bags is a faux bottom. It is a sleeve that I have slipped chipboard inside to sturdy up the bottom. The nice thing about it being removable is that if there is a spill in your bag, slip out the bottom, pull out the chipboard and throw the material in the washing machine and dry. Then just slip new chipboard in the sleeve and wah-lah good as new!

1 comment:

  1. Love your diaper bags! What a great idea for the bottom bag.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...