Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Na-na na na Elmo's World

Evan absolutely LOVES Elmo. It amazes me how a little boy that doesn't acknowledge his name can hear Elmo from across the house and come running. Every morning we watch Sesame Street and if Evan should be playing in the kitchen, it sounds like a herd of elephants coming down the hallway when the "Elmo's World" theme song starts. Evan smiles and it makes my heart feel like it is going to explode with happiness. I love to see 'typical' behavior-- that most mommies think nothing of, but makes my whole day.
Kelly Mayou recently had one of my FAVORITE STAMPERS of all time, Dawn Griffith on her Blog Finds of the Day. I haven't been blog hopping much lately, but knew this is one I had to check out.

I found these cards and a little video tutorial on Dawn's Blog. I have visited a lot of stamping blogs and read a lot of posts, but this is the first time that I got teary. It was perfect! I knew immediately that I was going to follow Dawn's tutorial and make Evan an Elmo.
Now I didn't want Elmo to be a lonely little monster so I had to make Cookie Monster too to keep him company while Evan naps. ♥


4 comments:

  1. These are so cute - thanks for posting the link to Dawn's blog. I am sure they are a great hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I'm going to make a pair for my little grandchildren today thanks to seeing them here ;) Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too stinkin' cute! Going to make them for my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...