Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Background Whimsy Challenge 39

I hope you are having a safe and happy 4th of July weekend. It's been a busy couple weeks around the Hawkinson house and I'm ready for a slow down so I can first clean my stampin' room and then STAMP!

My mind has been rather preoccupied lately. Evan had his MRI on Friday to look at his brain. Unfortunately, because it was the Friday before a holiday weekend, there was no one at the hospital to read it. Evan came through it like a champ. What an amazing little guy he is. ♥ Hopefully, this will give us some answers to the seizure activity that they found during the EEG and start us in the right direction to stop the activity.

How many of you are Technique Junkies? I know there are a lot of us that love to see stamping ideas, but how many of you are true "Junkies"? I have been a part of Pat Huntoon's Technique Junkies for years. It is the best group to be involved in if you love to collect stamping/art supplies and don't want them collecting dust on your shelves. HOWEVER, if you are a true addict like me, you buy a lot of products just to try out the cool techniques that are offered through the newsletter. If you are not a "Junkie" pop over to http://www.techniquejunkies.com/ and check out the site and tell Pat that I sent ya! :)




Using one of the new techniques from the TJ newsletter , Garden Whimsy w/ Dye Ink ,and Krista's Challenge for the week, I came up with a wedding card for my neice's wedding.

Here's Krista's sketch for this week--come play along! There are so many possibilities. :)

Here's my card:


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Bella Toile, Occasional Quotes (beautiful Level 3 Hostess set from the new IB&C)

Cardstock: Whisper White, Glossy White, Basic Black

Ink: Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Rose Red, So Saffron, Basic Black Marker (doodles), Black Staz On

Accessories: gel pen, daubers, black satin ribbon, dimensionals, SU! pastels--chalk, ovals

4 comments:

  1. Very Pretty Wendy!! Love that background technique, how stunning! Hugs! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Wendy. The black "doodles" are very effective in your background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a TJ and have been for years. I love this card and appreciate the inspiration.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card!!! That background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...