Monday, September 6, 2010

The Nicest Things

One of the nicest things is a 3 day weekend. We had a great Labor Day weekend here in Wisconsin. The weather was cool and pleasant. Although we didn't plan a lot for the weekend, it was nice to have the kids home for three days. :) I know...I know... They just started school on Wednesday and I was already for them to be home again. I'm such a softy when it comes to the kids.
Another nice thing is Krista's Cards & Things Challenge Blog. It's nicest thing to know that I will at least get to stamp one card a week thanks to Krista. :)

This week is a sketch challenge. Simple--that's nice thing too.
If you haven't noticed there's a theme to this post. :)
Look at this cute stamp set I just got from Stampin' Up! It's called The Nicest Things (pg 71 IB&C). It is so sweet- I love the little girls.
I loved the set so much that I decided not to give up on watercoloring w/ aqua painters and give it just one more shot. I think I finally got it! I added a sponge inside my aqua painter to act as a bladder so my paper wasn't so wet. It was the nicest thing to have some control over the flow AND I used watercolor paper. Omgosh, what a difference!
I'm going to go and clean my kitchen quick so I can go back downstairs and play! :)

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: The Nicest Things
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade
Paper: Watercolor Paper and Build A Bear Workshop Pawsitively Prints II
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, Staz On, So Saffron, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Lattice Square, Sewing Machine, Big Shot, Scalled Square, Aqua Painter, Pearls, dimensionals, Pear Pizzazz 1/2" stitched poly ribbon, Scallop Square Punch (cloud template)

Hope you have the nicest thing happen to you today!♥

6 comments:

  1. I think your card is beautiful. Love the coloring and it goes so well with the DSP. don't give up on watercoloring, it's looks great. I have to admit, I can not use the aqua pens without soaking my work, I much perfer the blender pens. Very Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! The colors together work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Your watercoloring is fabulous!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Happy bday and congrats on all the hits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wendy they're just gorgeous little things! TFS!
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...