Friday, January 21, 2011

Sweet Little Valentine

This week I participated in my first Chat & Challenge on Sudsol.  It was a lot of fun to chat w/ the ladies. Christyne, who led the chat, gave us this cute little sketch to use to make a card. 

Okay, I drew out the sketch on a piece of paper.  I do that now so I don't forget what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing when I get down in my craft room. I sometimes get a little distracted and find myself coming back upstairs when Evan wakes up w/o my sole purpose for going down untouched. (sigh) Maybe it's because I'm getting old. 

Anyway, where was I--oh  yes, I took the sketch downstairs and you won't believe it.  It took on a life of it's own.  I was just staring at the sketch and my hands were punching borders, adding rub ons , dsp and ribbon and voila...finished.  BUT it doesn't look much like the sketch.  Hmmmm...what happened!  LOL  

Oh well.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  Thank you SU for the cute rub ons. What a nice Valentine's Day gift  and thanks Christyne for the sketch it really was my inspiration. ♥
  
This is a little bitty valentine only about 5" x 2 7/8".  On Valentine's Day, it just the right size to put in one of my girls' lunchboxes along w/ a little chocolate.  


Here's an MDS card I made this morning showing how you can use the distressed dsp on standard size cards not just scrapbook layout.   Cardmakers--MDS is for you too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...