Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Recipe: Grandma's Chops & Potatoes

Outside the wind is howling, the snow is blowing and school is already cancelled for tomorrow.  Is it strange that I am not at all upset by the snow or the blowing?  I actually enjoy nights like this and can't wait to look outside when the sun comes up in the morning.  The best thing about country living--the scenery is so amazing.  We live off the beaten path (yep, that's a nice way to say the boonies).  There will be no tracks and everything will have a beautiful  layer of white and some amazing drafts for my husband, Terry to enjoy.  He is a snowmobiler. He loves this weather too.  

 Tonight, the house is chilly because there is nothing stopping the wind from pounding against the house.  It's an extra quilt kind of night.

Speaking of quilts, I just make another cookbook page for the kids' cookbook.  I couldn't resist making a quilt background w/ my new dsp download.  This dsp is part of the Springtime Vintage download.  There is matching dsp and fabric in the Occasions mini. 
Doesn't it just say Grandma? It reminds me so much of the kids' Grandma Hawkinson. She does a little quilting and loves all things that are blue and flowery. :)

Here's the recipe:
Grandma Hawkinson's Baked Pork Chops
6 pork chops
6 TBSP ketchup
6 TBSP brown sugar
6 TBSP lemon juice
1 large onion, sliced
5 baking potatoes, peeled and diced

Place pork chops in the bottom of an oven safe baking dish or 13 x 9 pan.
Add 1 TBSP of ketchup, brown sugar and lemon juice to each chop.
Scatter the onions over top. Add potatoes.

Cover w/ aluminum foil. 
Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours. 
The pork chops will be tender.  YUM!

4 comments:

  1. Yumm!!! We are in the middle of the blizzard and in the boonies too! The pantry is stocked, but guess what!? Forgot to buy potatoes! Somehow I think Grandma's chops might loose something in the translation if I used frozen shredded hash browns! Love your recipe card! Enjoy the snow day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pork Chops and I am always looking for different ways to do them so thanks and I will give them a go x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm...love the page and the recipe!! Will have to try them.. always keep porkchops in the freezer!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly want to try this recipe as I LOVE pork chops. I also love your beautiful layout. It's gorgeous! TFS Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Florida

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...