Monday, April 18, 2011

Two Shades of PINK- Quilted Card

 There are two shades of PINK at Krista's Cards & Things Challenge Blog this week.  These are the types of challenges that make us pink lovin' gals grin. 














I have a workshop coming up and I know that a couple of the ladies are quilters.  I do not quilt and well I knew I wasn't going to wow them w/ my abilites with fabric. I thought I would try my hand at "paper quilting".  I went online and Googled quilt patterns.  Omgosh, I would love to do a whole mess of different cards.  There are so many amazing different patterns to try.  I had a hard time deciding, so I chose more of a beginning design for me. 

I cut squares that are 3/4" x 3/4".  You may not be able to tell, but squares are a mixture of DSP (Blushing Bride and the retired Sweet Pea) and cardstock. I glued all the squares down onto a piece of scrap cardstock.  I cheated and I added the Rose Red triangles last. I didn't want to risk gaps and thought when I ran it through the Big Shot to quilt--emboss it--you would never be able to tell.  :)

I added a birthday sentiment from the set On Your Birthday and a satin bow with a button and linen thread in the center.  I found a couple quilting pins in my stash and inserted through the backside of the bow under the button.  If I were to send this card, I would probably snip off the sharp points of the pins. 

Hint for making perfect tails on the end of the cardstock w/ the sentiment---a square punch!  Try it--it works PERFECT!  :)

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card. It looks so much like a real quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, what a beautiful card you came up with! I love this technique of the quilting blocks then run through the Square Lattice Embossing folder.. It makes it have a stitched look! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, this is awesome!! Looks like a real quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, Very Nice... any quilter would love to make or receive this. I love the idea about using the square and putting the triangle on top of it, so not to show.... Thanks so much for sharing....
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, wonderful this card! Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your creation on Nancy Riley's ipicks. It is absolutely gorgeous. What a great idea to piece your quilt then dry emboss. I just love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just stunning! I will definitely be trying this beautiful technique. Thanks so much for sharing, and for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...