Thursday, June 23, 2011

Scallop Circle Easel Card Tutorial

My inbox had several emails with questions about my scallop circle easel card that I posted this week.  I am a visual person and I like to see step by step pictures.  So I got up early this morning and took some pictures of how to cut and essemble this card for you. :)

 First of all, can you guess what retired cardstock color I used for this tutorial?  Yep, you guessed it green galore.  I wanted a bright color that would show up well in my step by step. 

Step 1: Cut two pieces of cardstock  1- 5" x 5" and 1- 10" x 5"


Step 2: Fold your 10" x 5" piece in half making it 5" x 5".

 Step 3: Run it through your Big Shot making sure to not cut through all of your folded edge.  This will make your card base.

Here's your two pieces.

Step 4: Score one of the scallop circles on your card base in half and bend down.

Step 6: Add adhesive to the half of the circle you just stored down.

Step 7:  Position your other scallop circle on top.


How I made my layers:
I used a 3 1/2" Circle Die for my dsp and  the Circle Scissors Plus to make my mats (about 3 3/4"). 

These are quick easy cards to make.

Happy Stamping!

** While I never charge for my step by steps, I do appreciate tips. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Thanks for the tutorial! I loved your scallop easel card and wondered how you made it. This is going in my "projects" file. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...