Friday, August 26, 2011

Have a Fruity Halloween

I can't believe that Riley Kate goes back to school in one week and Dani leaves for college just two day after that!  It's crazy how fast this summer has flown by.  I am; however, ready for cooler temps, sweatshirts, hot apple cider, changing of leaves and HALLOWEEN!  Halloween is such a fun holiday.  I loved the fact that the whole day is centered around candy-a lot of which is CHOCOLATE!  :)

Today, I made a fruity Halloween card.   This card is Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz and Perfect Plum. I love the names that SU! gives their colors. 

 I think this little witch is so cute sitting on a pumpkin.  She makes me smile--she must be a good witch.  Yep, no ruby slippers!

Stamps: All Holidays-retired, Greeting Card Kids
DSP: Just Add Cake
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum and Peach Parfait
Accessories: Staz On Ink, Scallop Dot Ribbon, Spider Web Impressions folder, circles #2 die, scallop circle punch, aqua painter

If you would like to order supplies for this card, you can do so online by clicking on my shopping cart or emailing me. 



   My daughter, Dani works on two hobby farms.   I am amazed when she gets home and recaps her day at work. Here are some of my personal favorites.  She has ripped out fences, built a round pen, split wood, vaccinated animals, insulated a garage, hung plywood, refinished doors, pulled out posts,  and tiled a bathroom.
  
She also does little everyday things to like planting gardens and trees and LOTS of mowing and weeding.  

This morning, Dani took her camera with her to work. I told her to take some pictures of some of her favorite things about working on the farms that I could scrapbook for her.  I wasn't surprised when there was a picture of this little one.

Isn't she sweet?!! Her name is June or  June Bug as Dani calls her.  She was a surprise lamb born 2 months late (in June). This little one has adopted Dani as her mommy and bleats whenever she hears Dani's voice.  She runs up to the fence and waits for Dani to pet her. 
Dani has  brought June home to babysit a few times while the couple she works for went on a couple weekend trips.  June evidently rides well in Dani's front seat of her car. 
I think there may be a few tears when Dani has to leave her behind to head off to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...